Canon PIXMA MP980 Specifications
Printer Specifications of The Canon PIXMA MP980
Print, Scan & Copy. Camera, Memory Card, 35mm film/slide and Mobile phone direct printing with 8.8cm Colour TFT screen, Wi-Fi & Ethernet
Up to 9600¹ x 2400 dpi
InkJet 6-ink with minimum 1 pl droplet size, FINE print head and ContrastPLUS
Photo Lab Quality Speed
Borderless 10 x 15cm: Approx. 20 seconds (Standard)
Mono Print Speed
ESAT: Approx. 8.3 ipm
Colour Print Speed
ESAT: Approx. 6.6 ipm
Ink Cartridge Configuration
Single Ink technology - 6 separate ink tanks (PGI-520BK, CLI-521C, CLI-521M, CLI-521Y, CLI-521BK, CLI-521GY)
Black Ink Tank Life
Black: 344 pages (PGI-520BK), 1505 pages* (CLI-521BK) ¹
Black: 3245 photos* (PGI-520BK), 540 photos* (CLI-521BK) ²
*Estimated Supplemental Yield
Colour Ink Tank Life
Cyan: 446 pages (CLI-521C), Magenta: 447 pages (CLI-521M), Yellow: 446 pages (CLI-521Y), Grey: 1395 pages* (CLI-521GY) ¹
Cyan: 312 photos (CLI-521C), Magenta: 353 photos (CLI-521M), Yellow: 290 photos (CLI-521Y), Grey: 187 photos (CLI-52G1Y) ²
*Estimated supplemental yield
Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Pro II (PR-201), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), High-Resolution Paper (HR-101N), T-shirt Transfer (TR-301), Photo Stickers (PS-101), Fine Art Paper "Photo Rag" (FA-PR1), Other Fine Art Paper
Rear Tray: Max. 150 sheets
Front Tray: Max. 150 sheets
DVD/CD Tray: 1 printable DVD or CD
Rear Tray: A4, B5, A5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL size or Commercial 10), 10 x 15cm, 10 x 18cm, 13 x 18cm, 20 x 25cm
Cassette: A4, B5, A5, Letter
Rear Tray: Plain paper: 64 to 105 g/m² and supported Canon special media up to 300 g/m²
Cassette: Plain paper: 64 to 105 g/m²
Camera Interface and Connectivity
Direct Print Port: Camera direct photo printing from PictBridge compliant digital cameras & camcorders
Card Direct Printing
CompactFlash, Microdrive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1), and MultiMedia Card Plus (Ver4.1).
xD-PictureCard ¹, xD-PictureCard Type M ¹, xD-PictureCard Type H ¹, Memory Stick Micro ¹, RS-MMC ¹, mini SD Card ¹, micro SD ¹, mini SDHC Card ¹ and micro SDHC ¹.
Features: Multi-select print (select multiple images and number of prints for each image), Photo index print, 35-up contact print, Print all photos, DPOF print, Layout print, Sticker print, Print shooting information, Photo index sheet, Calendar print, ID photo print, Search by date, Slide show, File number & date print, borderless printing
Canon PIXMA MP980 Printer
Operating System Compatibility
- Windows 10 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 10 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8.1 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 7 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 7 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows XP x86 or 32-bit/ Windows XP x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2016 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2008 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT
- Windows Me
- Windows 98
- Windows 95
- macOS 11.0 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
Canon PIXMA MP980 Printer Driver Download
Windows Operating systemName: MP980 series Full Driver & Software Package
File version: 1.04
Release date: 16 October 2013
File: Get driver here
File version: 3.6.4
Release date: 25 October 2019
File: Get driver here
How to Install Printer Driver and software?
Installation Steps for Windows
For your printer to work correctly, the driver for the printer must set up first. You must follow the guide provided below on a device running on Windows Operating System.
- Once the download finishes, you can start the process to install the Canon PIXMA MP890 driver on your computer. Find out where the download file has been saved. Once you find it, then click. Hint: A driver file’s name usually ends with an "exe" extension.
- After that, you may either right-click on it then choose “Run as Administrator” or double-click on it. Then wait for a while the Canon PIXMA MP980 driver file is extracted. After the extraction completed, then go to the next step.
- The installation process should begin at this moment if you followed all of the instructions given on the computer screen. You must follow all of the instructions to install the driver on your computer correctly.
- After following the three steps above the Canon PIXMA MP980 printer is ready to use.
Installation Steps for Mac OS
- Download the file which one do you need. Look for the location where the file is saved.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically
How to Uninstall Printer Driver and Software?
Ensure that you follow all of the following steps, the Canon PIXMA MP980 printer driver can be uninstalled from your device.
- Press the Start menu on your computer (at the left bottom of your computer screen).
- Click Control Panel, for window 8 or 10 and you can search "Control Panel" also in the "search window" box. Find the “Programs and features” menu and select to “Uninstall” process.
- A list of applications installed on your device should appear. Find the Canon PIXMA MP980 driver. Then, you may also input the name of the program on the available search bar.
- After that, you may Double-click on the Canon PIXMA MP980 printer driver and click “Uninstall/Change." Furthermore, instructions will show pop up on the screen to follow correctly.