Canon PIXMA iX6540 Specifications
Printer Resolution: 9600 x 2400 dpi Print
Product Group Output: A3
Speed Colour: Up to 8.1ipm Colour Print
Speed Monochrome:Up to 11.3 ipm Mono Print
Speed Photo: 44 Seconds
Operating Systems Supported: Windows & Mac Compatible
System Requirements: Windows 7: 1 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM (32bit) / 2 GB RAM (64bit) Windows Vista (32 and 64bit): 1 GHz CPU, 512MB RAM Windows XP SP2, SP3: 300 MHz CPU, 128 MB RAM Browser: Internet Explorer 6 CD-ROM Drive Display: SVGA 800 x 600 Mac OS X 10.6: Intel CPU, 1 GB RAM Mac OS X 10.5: Intel or PowerPC CPU (G4, G5, 867 MHz or faster), 512 MB RAM Mac OS X 10.4.11: Intel or PowerPC CPU (G5, G4, G3), 256 MB RAM Browser: Safari 3 CD-ROM Drive Display: XGA 1024 x 768
Paper Trays: 1
Paper Handling Input 1: 150 Sheet Input Tray
Maximum Paper Size: A3
Media Supported: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper (HR-101), Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), Photo Stickers (PS-101), T-Shirt Transfer (TR-301)
Paper Size: A3+, A3, B4, A4, B5, A5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL size or Commercial 10), 25 x 30cm (10 x 12 in), 20 x 25cm (8 x 10 in), 13 x 18cm, 10 x 15cm
Sheet Weight: Sheet Feeder: 64 to 105 g/m² and supported Canon special media up to 300 g/m²
Mono or Colour Printer: Colour
Technology: Inkjet Printer
Case Colour: Black
Dimensions: 549 (W)× 299 (D) × 159 (H) mm - Weight 7.6kg
Environmental: Operating Temperature 5 to 35C - Humidity 10 to 90%
Noise Level: 45.0 dB
Power Consumption Printing/Standby/Sleep Modes: 20W/1.3W
Product Summary: Canon PIXMA iX6540 A3 Colour Inkjet Printer
Voltage/ Power/ Frequency: 100 to 240VAC / 50 to
Number of Inks,Colours/Droplet Size: 6 / 2pl
Number of Print Cartridges: 6
Software Included: Windows: Easy-PhotoPrint EX, Easy-WebPrint EX¹, Full HD Movie Print², Solution Menu EX Mac: Easy-PhotoPrint EX, Easy-WebPrint EX¹, Full HD Movie Print², Solution Menu EX
Canon PIXMA iX6540
Operating System Compatibility
- Windows 10 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 10 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8.1 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 7 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 7 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows XP x86 or 32-bit/ Windows XP x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2016 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2008 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT
- Windows Me
- Windows 98
- Windows 95
- macOS 11.0 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
Canon PIXMA iX6540 Printer Driver Download
Windows Operating systemName: iX6540 series XPS Printer Driver
Release date: 22 July 2015
File: Get driver here
Release date: 09 October 2020
File: Get driver here
How to Install Printer Driver and software?
Installation Steps for Windows
For your printer to work correctly, the driver for the printer must set up first. You must follow the guide provided below on a device running on Windows Operating System.
- Once the download finishes, you can start the process to install the Canon PIXMA iX6540 driver on your computer. Find out where the download file has been saved. Once you find it, then click. Hint: A driver file’s name usually ends with an "exe" extension.
- After that, you may either right-click on it then choose “Run as Administrator” or double-click on it. Then wait for a while the Canon PIXMA iX6540 driver file is extracted. After the extraction completed, then go to the next step.
- The installation process should begin at this moment if you followed all of the instructions given on the computer screen. You must follow all of the instructions to install the driver on your computer correctly.
- After following the three steps above the Canon PIXMA iX6540 printer is ready to use.
Installation Steps for Mac OS
- Download the file which one do you need. Look for the location where the file is saved.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically
How to Uninstall Printer Driver and Software?
Ensure that you follow all of the following steps, the Canon PIXMA iX6540 printer driver can be uninstalled from your device.
- Press the Start menu on your computer (at the left bottom of your computer screen).
- Click Control Panel, for window 8 or 10 and you can search "Control Panel" also in the "search window" box. Find the “Programs and features” menu and select to “Uninstall” process.
- A list of applications installed on your device should appear. Find the Canon PIXMA iX6540 driver. Then, you may also input the name of the program on the available search bar.
- After that, you may Double-click on the Canon PIXMA iX6540 printer driver and click “Uninstall/Change." Furthermore, instructions will show pop up on the screen to follow correctly.