Canon PIXMA iX6550 Specifications
PRINTER FUNCTIONS Colour management Photo print speed Paper weight CD-R printingDVD/CD Printing INTERFACE AND CONNECTIVITY Interface Type - Camera DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE GENERAL FEATURES Post Script RIP
Print Resolution: Up to 9600¹ x 2400 dpi
Print Engine: Inkjet, 5 Single Inks, 5-colour system with minimum 1 pl droplet size
Photo Lab Quality Speed:Borderless 10 x 15cm: Approx. 36 seconds
A3+ Bordered: Approx. 120 seconds¹
Mono Print Speed: ESAT: Approx. 11.3 ipm
Colour Print Speed: ESAT: Approx. 8.8 ipm
Photo print speed
Ink Cartridge Configuration
Single Ink technology - 5 separate ink tanks (PGI-525PGBK, CLI-526BK, CLI-526C, CLI-526M, CLI-526Y)
Black Ink Tank Life
Black: 335 pages (PGI-525PGBK), 3160 pages* (CLI-526BK)¹
Black: 2835 photos* (PGI-525PGBK), 615 photos* (CLI-526BK)²
*Estimated Supplemental Yield
Colour Ink Tank Life
Cyan: 530 pages (CLI-526C), Magenta: 495 pages (CLI-526M), Yellow: 515 pages (CLI-526Y)¹
Cyan: 202 photos (CLI-526C), Magenta: 204 photos (CLI-526M), Yellow: 202 photos (CLI-526Y)²
Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper (HR-101), Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), Photo Stickers (PS-101), T-Shirt Transfer (TR-301)
Operating System Compatibility
- Windows 10 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 10 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8.1 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 7 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 7 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows XP x86 or 32-bit/ Windows XP x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2016 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2008 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT
- Windows Me
- Windows 98
- Windows 95
- macOS 11.0 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
Canon PIXMA iX6550 Printer Driver Download
Windows Operating systemName: iX6550 series XPS Printer Driver
Release date: 22 July 2015
File: Get driver here
Release date: 09 October 2020
File: Get driver here
How to Install Printer Driver and software?
Installation Steps for Windows
For your printer to work correctly, the driver for the printer must set up first. You must follow the guide provided below on a device running on Windows Operating System.
- Once the download finishes, you can start the process to install the Canon PIXMA iX6550 driver on your computer. Find out where the download file has been saved. Once you find it, then click. Hint: A driver file’s name usually ends with an "exe" extension.
- After that, you may either right-click on it then choose “Run as Administrator” or double-click on it. Then wait for a while the Canon PIXMA iX6550 driver file is extracted. After the extraction completed, then go to the next step.
- The installation process should begin at this moment if you followed all of the instructions given on the computer screen. You must follow all of the instructions to install the driver on your computer correctly.
- After following the three steps above the Canon PIXMA iX6550 printer is ready to use.
Installation Steps for Mac OS
- Download the file which one do you need. Look for the location where the file is saved.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically
How to Uninstall Printer Driver and Software?
Ensure that you follow all of the following steps, the Canon PIXMA iX6550 printer driver can be uninstalled from your device.
- Press the Start menu on your computer (at the left bottom of your computer screen).
- Click Control Panel, for window 8 or 10 and you can search "Control Panel" also in the "search window" box. Find the “Programs and features” menu and select to “Uninstall” process.
- A list of applications installed on your device should appear. Find the Canon PIXMA iX6550 driver. Then, you may also input the name of the program on the available search bar.
- After that, you may Double-click on the Canon PIXMA iX6550 printer driver and click “Uninstall/Change." Furthermore, instructions will show pop up on the screen to follow correctly.