Canon PIXMA MP970 Specifications
Printer Specifications of The Canon PIXMA MP970
Print, Scan & Copy. Camera, Memory Card, 35mm film/slide and Mobile phone direct printing with 8.8cm Colour TFT screen
Up to 9600¹ x 2400 dpi
InkJet 7-ink with minimum 1 pl Micro-Nozzles, FINE print head and ContrastPLUS
Photo Lab Quality Speed
Borderless 10 x 15cm: Approx. 35 seconds (Standard)
Mono Print Speed
Up to 30ppm (Max.), 15ppm (Standard)
Colour Print Speed
Text & Graphics: Up to 22ppm (Max.), 9.9ppm (Standard)
Ink Cartridge Configuration
Single Ink technology - 7 separate ink tanks (PGI-5BK, CLI-8BK, CLI-8C, CLI-8M, CLI-8Y, CLI-8PC, CLI-8PM)
For yield information see www.canon-europe.com/ink/yield
Black Ink Tank Life
Black: 505 pages (PGI-5BK), 5075 pages* (CLI-8BK)
Black: 2715 photos* (PGI-5BK), 1470 photos* (CLI-8BK)
Colour Ink Tank Life
Cyan: 965 pages (CLI-8C), Magenta: 710 pages (CLI-8M), Yellow: 685 pages (CLI-8Y), Photo Cyan: 7485 pages (CLI-8PC), Photo Magenta: 7050 pages (CLI-8PM)¹
Cyan: 1000 photos (CLI-8C), Magenta: 630 photos (CLI-8M), Yellow: 328 photos (CLI-8Y), Photo Cyan: 253 photos (CLI-8PC), Photo Magenta: 156 photos (CLI-8PM)²
Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro (PR-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy (PP-101/PP-201), Photo Paper Plus Double Sided (PP-101D), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-101/SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper (GP-401), Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), High-Resolution Paper (HR-101N), T-shirt Transfer (TR-301), Photo Stickers (PS-101), Super White Paper (SW-201), Fine Art Paper "Photo Rag" (FA-PR1), Other Fine Art Paper
Rear Tray: Max. 150 sheets
Cassette: Max. 150 sheets
DVD/CD Tray: 1 printable DVD or CD
Rear Tray: A4, B5, A5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL size or Commercial 10), 10 x 15cm, 10 x 18cm, 13 x 18cm, 20 x 25cm, Credit Card (54 x 86mm)
Cassette: A4, B5, A5, Letter, Envelopes (DL size or Commercial 10), 10 x 15cm, 10 x 18cm, 13 x 18cm, 20 x 25cm
Rear Tray/Cassette: 64 to 105 g/m² and supported Canon special media up to 273 g/m²
Camera Interface and Connectivity
Direct Print Port: Camera direct photo printing from PictBridge compliant digital cameras & camcorders.
Card Direct Printing
CompactFlash ®, Microdrive, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro™, SD Memory Card ®, MultiMediaCard™, and SDHC Memory Card.
xD-PictureCard™¹, Memory Stick Duo™¹, Memory Stick PRO Duo™¹, RS-MMC™¹, miniSD™ ¹, and microSD™ ¹.
Features: Multi-photo print (select multiple images and number of prints for each image), Photo index print, 35-up contact print, Print all photos, DPOF print, Layout print, Sticker print, DVD/CD print, Print with shooting information, Photo index sheet, Search (by date), Slide show, File number & date print.
Image Enhancements: Auto Image Fix, Vivid photo, Photo Optimizer PRO, Noise reduction, Face Brightener, Brightness, Contrast, Colour hue (skin tones), Sepia/Simulated illustration, Red-Eye Reduction, Image Optimizer, Trimming
Flatbed and FAU, CCD color scanner
Automatic document feeder
Film Adapter Unit (FAU) for 6 x 35mm (neg/pos film), 4 x 35mm mounted slide
Scanner Resolution Optical
Up to 4800 x 9600 dpi
Scanner Resolution Digital
Up to 19200 x 19200 dpi
Canon PIXMA MP970 Printer
Operating System Compatibility
- Windows 10 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 10 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8.1 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 7 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 7 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows XP x86 or 32-bit/ Windows XP x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2016 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2008 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT
- Windows Me
- Windows 98
- Windows 95
- macOS 11.0 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
Canon PIXMA MP970 Printer Driver Download
Windows Operating systemName: MP970 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000)
Release date: 16 October 2013
File: Get driver here
Release date: 01 September 2017
File: Get driver here
How to Install Printer Driver and software?
Installation Steps for Windows
For your printer to work correctly, the driver for the printer must set up first. You must follow the guide provided below on a device running on Windows Operating System.
- Once the download finishes, you can start the process to install the Canon PIXMA MP970 driver on your computer. Find out where the download file has been saved. Once you find it, then click. Hint: A driver file’s name usually ends with an "exe" extension.
- After that, you may either right-click on it then choose “Run as Administrator” or double-click on it. Then wait for a while the Canon PIXMA MP970 driver file is extracted. After the extraction completed, then go to the next step.
- The installation process should begin at this moment if you followed all of the instructions given on the computer screen. You must follow all of the instructions to install the driver on your computer correctly.
- After following the three steps above the Canon PIXMA MP970 printer is ready to use.
Installation Steps for Mac OS
- Download the file which one do you need. Look for the location where the file is saved.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically
How to Uninstall Printer Driver and Software?
Ensure that you follow all of the following steps, the Canon PIXMA MP970 printer driver can be uninstalled from your device.
- Press the Start menu on your computer (at the left bottom of your computer screen).
- Click Control Panel, for window 8 or 10 and you can search "Control Panel" also in the "search window" box. Find the “Programs and features” menu and select to “Uninstall” process.
- A list of applications installed on your device should appear. Find the Canon PIXMA MP970 driver. Then, you may also input the name of the program on the available search bar.
- After that, you may Double-click on the Canon PIXMA MP970 printer driver and click “Uninstall/Change." Furthermore, instructions will show pop up on the screen to follow correctly.