Printer Specification Canon PIXMA MP780 Drivers
Print Speed (up to)
Black:25 ppm (approx. 2.4 seconds/page)
Color:17 ppm (approx. 3.5 seconds/page)
Color Photo:4x 6 borderless photo: approx. 36 seconds
Number of Nozzles
Color: 512 x 2 (C, M), 256 x 2 (Y, Bk)
Print Resolution (Up to)
Black:600 x 600 dpi
Color:4800 x 1200 dpi
BCI-3eBk Black ink tank, BCI-6Bk Black ink tank, BCI-6C Cyan ink tank, BCI-6M Magenta ink tank, BCI-6Y Yellow ink tank
Ink Droplet Size
2 and 5 picoliters
Letter , Legal, Credit Card (2.13 x 3.39), 4 x 6, 5 x 7, U.S. 10 Envelopes
Plain paper, U.S.10 envelopes; Canon Specialty Papers: Glossy Photo Paper (4x6, letter), High-Resolution Paper (letter), Matte Photo Paper (letter), Photo Paper Plus Glossy (4x6, 5x7, letter), Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss (5x7, letter), Photo Paper Pro (4x6, letter), Bubble Jet Transparencies (letter)
Output Tray Capacity
Auto Sheet Feeder: Plain Paper: Approx. 150 Sheets (13mm)4 x 6 Photo Paper: 20 Sheets Cassette: Plain Paper: Approx. 150 Sheets (13mm)4 x 6 Photo Paper: 20 Sheets
Copy Resolution (up to)
Black: 600 x 600 dpi; Color: 1200 x 1200 dpi
Copy Speed (up to)
Black: 25 CPM (approx. 2.4 sec/page) ; Color: 17 CPM (approx. 3.5 sec/page)
Reduction / Enlargement
25% - 400%
Borderless, 2 on 1, Fit to Page, Image Repeat
Charge-Coupled Device (CCD)
Optical:2400 x 4800 dpi
Interpolated:9600 x 9600 dpi
Max. Document Size
8.5 x 11.7
Fax, Modem Speed
Transmission Speed (approx.)
Black: approx. 3 sec/page (Based on ITU-T Chart #1, standard mode.); Color: approx. 1 min/page (Based on Canon Color Fax Test Sheet.)
250 pages (Based on ITU-T Chart 1, standard mode.)
Black: 203 x 196 dpi (fine mode); Color: 200 x 200 dpi
Fax only, Fax/Tel Auto Switch, Manual, Answering, DRPD
Direct Print Port (cable not included)
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (cable not included)
CD-ROM including MP Driver, MP Navigator, Setup Software and User's Guide, Electronic Photo Application Guide, Electronic User's Guide, e-registration, ScanSoft Omnipage SE,11 Presto! PageManager, (Windows only) Easy-PhotoPrint 3.0, and Easy-WebPrint
120V AC, 60Hz
Dimension (W x D x H)
18.5 x 19.1 x 12.0
Toll-free technical phone support plus a 1-year limited warranty with the InstantExchange program.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode. CPM copy speed based on fast mode when copying a letter-sized document. Photo print speed based on maximum print speed using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy. Print/copy speed will vary based on system configuration, software, document complexity, print mode, and page coverage.
Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T V.34 guidelines.
For a listing of select Canon digital cameras and DV camcorders featuring Bubble Jet Direct or PictBridge direct printing technology, visit www.usa.canon.com/consumer/direct print. To determine if a non-Canon brand camera or DV camcorder is PictBridge compatible, please consult the manufacturer.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed performance requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with a pre-installed USB 2.0 port.
System requirements vary by application. ScanSoft OmniPage SE (OCR software) does not support Windows 98 first edition. Easy-WebPrint compatible with Windows only requires Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5, version 6.0 recommended.
Canon PIXMA MP780 Printer Ink Cartridges
- BCI-3e6 Ink Combo Pack with Photo Paper Glossy (50 Sheets, 4"x6")
- BCI-6 Black Ink Tank
- BCI-3e Black and Color 4-Pack
- BCI-3e Black Ink Twin Pack
- BCI-6 Black Twin Ink Pack
Operating System Compatibility
- Windows 11 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 11 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 10 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 10 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8.1 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 7 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 7 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows XP x86 or 32-bit/ Windows XP x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2016 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2008 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT
- Windows Me
- Windows 98
- Windows 95
- macOS 12 Monterey
- macOS 11.0 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
Canon PIXMA MP780 Printer Driver Download
Windows Operating systemName: MP780 series Full Driver & Software Package
File version: 6.20
Release date: 10/16/09
File: Get driver here
File version: 10.51.2.0
Release date: 04/22/14
File: Get driver here
How to Install Printer Driver and software?
Installation Steps for Windows
For your printer to work correctly, the driver for the printer must be set up first. You must follow the guide provided below on a device running on Windows Operating System.
- Once the download finishes, you can start the process to install the Canon PIXMA MP780 Drivers on your computer. Find out where the download file has been saved. Once you find it, then click. Hint: A driver file’s name usually ends with an "exe" extension.
- After that, you may either right-click on it then choose “Run as Administrator” or double-click on it. Then wait for a while until the Canon PIXMA MP780 Drivers file is extracted. After the extraction is completed, then go to the next step.
- The installation process should begin at this moment if you followed all of the instructions given on the computer screen. You must follow all of the instructions to install the driver on your computer correctly.
- After following the three steps above the Canon PIXMA MP780 printer is ready to use.
Installation Steps for Mac OS
- Download the file which one do you need. Look for the location where the file is saved.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically
How to Uninstall Printer Driver and Software?
Ensure that you follow all of the following steps, the Canon PIXMA MP780 printer driver can be uninstalled from your device.
- Press the Start menu on your computer (at the left bottom of your computer screen).
- Click Control Panel, for window 8 or 10 and you can search "Control Panel" also in the "search window" box. Find the “Programs and features” menu and select to “Uninstall” process.
- A list of applications installed on your device should appear. Find the Canon PIXMA MP780 Drivers. Then, you may also input the name of the program on the available search bar.
- After that, you may Double-click on the Canon PIXMA MP780 printer driver and click “Uninstall/Change." Furthermore, instructions will show pop up on the screen to follow correctly.