Canon Color imageRUNNER LBP5280 Specification
Printer Specifications of The Canon Color imageRUNNER LBP5280
Desktop Laser Printer
Printing Method: Electrophoto Method (RAPID Fusing System)
Contact Developing System
Image Server Memory
Standard 768MB RAM
CPU: ARM11-528 MHz + ARM9-264 MHz
UFR II/PCL 5e/6/PS 3: 600 x 600 dpi
2400 (Equivalent) x 600 dpi
Engine: 600 x 600 dpi
256 Gradation (Continuous-Tone)
(B/W, Color): Up to 21 ppm (Letter)
First Copy Time
16 seconds or less
Maximum Original Size
Legal (8-1/2 x 14)
Standard Paper Capacity
250 Sheet Paper Cassette (20 lb. Bond)
Optional: 250 Sheet Paper Cassette
50 Sheet Multi-Purpose Tray
Maximum Paper Capacity
Output Sizes Cassette
Legal, Letter, Executive, Statement, Foolscap, Index Card, Envelope DL, Envelope COM-10, Envelope ISO-C5, Envelope ISO-B5, and Envelope Monarch, Custom Sizes (Width 4-1/8 to 8-1/2, Length 5-7/8 to 14)
Legal, Letter, Executive, Statement, Foolscap, Index Card, Envelope ISO-C5, Envelope ISO-B5, and Envelope Monarch, Custom Sizes (Width 3 to 8-1/2, Length 5to 14)
Acceptable Paper Weights
60 - 176 g/m2 (16 lb. Bond to 43 lb. Bond)
60 - 176 g/m2 (16 lb. Bond to 47 lb. Bond)
Standard Automatic Trayless Duplexing (Legal, Letter)
Paper Output: Face Down
Output Capacity: Face Down Output Tray: Approx. 125 Sheets
29 seconds or less
Plug: NEMA 5-15P
Power Consumption: Operating: 440W
Stand By: 22W
Deep Sleep Mode: 1W
13-5/8 x 16-5/16 x 19-3/4 (350mm x 414mm x 499mm)
Installation Space (H x W x D): 13-5/8 x 16-5/16 x 42-1/8 (350mm x 414mm x 1069mm)
Approx. 49.4 lb.(22.4 kg)*
Operating System Compatibility
- Windows 10 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 10 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8.1 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 8 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 8 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 7 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows 7 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows XP x86 or 32-bit/ Windows XP x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2016 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2008 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 or 32-bit/ Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 or 64-bit
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT
- Windows Me
- Windows 98
- Windows 95
- macOS 11.0 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
Canon Color imageRUNNER LBP5280 Printer Driver Download
Windows Operating systemName: LBP5280 series Full Driver & Software Package
File version: 2.50
Release date: 08/30/21
File: Get driver here
File version: 4.15
Release date: 03/29/17
File: Get driver here
How to Install Printer Driver and software?
Installation Steps for Windows
For your printer to work correctly, the driver for the printer must set up first. You must follow the guide provided below on a device running on Windows Operating System.
- Once the download finishes, you can start the process to install the Canon Color imageRUNNER LBP5280 driver on your computer. Find out where the download file has been saved. Once you find it, then click. Hint: A driver file’s name usually ends with an "exe" extension.
- After that, you may either right-click on it then choose “Run as Administrator” or double-click on it. Then wait for a while until the Canon Color imageRUNNER LBP5280 driver file is extracted. After the extraction is completed, then go to the next step.
- The installation process should begin at this moment if you followed all of the instructions given on the computer screen. You must follow all of the instructions to install the driver on your computer correctly.
- After following the three steps above the Canon Color imageRUNNER LBP5280 printer is ready to use.
Installation Steps for Mac OS
- Download the file which one do you need. Look for the location where the file is saved.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically
How to Uninstall Printer Driver and Software?
Ensure that you follow all of the following steps, the Canon Color imageRUNNER LBP5280 printer driver can be uninstalled from your device.
- Press the Start menu on your computer (at the left bottom of your computer screen).
- Click Control Panel, for window 8 or 10 and you can search "Control Panel" also in the "search window" box. Find the “Programs and features” menu and select to “Uninstall” process.
- A list of applications installed on your device should appear. Find the Canon Color imageRUNNER LBP5280 driver. Then, you may also input the name of the program on the available search bar.
- After that, you may Double-click on the Canon Color imageRUNNER LBP5280 printer driver and click “Uninstall/Change." Furthermore, instructions will show pop up on the screen to follow correctly.